Boats are an investment today, so we need to regularly maintain and clean them so that they maintain their useful life, comfort and beauty.
With that in mind, today I bring you some useful tips that you should use when maintaining and cleaning our boat.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
– car wax
– White soap (click here and get all the info about your materials)
– Rag (click here and get all the information about your materials)
– Everyone equips
How are you going to proceed?
1. Every time you use your boat, check the oil level in your engine regularly, as this ensures good lubrication and allows the boat to work optimally. It is advisable to change the filters and engine oil every 50 hours (if you are using synthetic oil, the changes should be made every 100 hours of operation), the transmission every 150 hours.
2. It is very important that you always check that there is no water in the engine bay or bilge that may be caused by the leak in the plug or by the shaft or rudder, as moisture is one of the main enemies of engines and others Sharing is the boat. To avoid traces of steam, it is advisable to apply a product such as WD40 to the engine at least every 15 days.
3. Regularly clean the water filter and change the impeller (the plastic is in the shape of a fan that rotates and draws in water to cool the motor). The impeller must be replaced every 150 hours so that the boat does not operate at a higher temperature than operation can tolerate.
4. Change the fuel filter every 150 hours and use fuel tanks and a clean hose to avoid clogging the filters or injectors.
5. You should change the whip if the steering wheel or throttle stick becomes stiff as the whips cannot be lubricated (this is a myth).
6. To keep your engine running at its best, change the spark plugs every 150 hours.
7. Wax the boat with car wax once a month according to the instructions.
8. When cleaning the boat’s seats and vinyl, we need to use soapy water and then a product like Armor All to keep them shiny and protected.
9. To prevent the glass from staining with water, wax it at least every 15 days.
10. Have your boat checked regularly by qualified personnel
More information in the following video: