Wooden floors are one of the most precious things in decorating. It is a noble, beautiful and beautiful material that can be seen in any room. For this reason it is necessary that we carry out proper cleaning and maintenance so that it does not lose the brightness and intensity that characterize it.
First of all, we have to point out that water is one of the main enemies of this soil when used as the only method of cleaning. It contributes to the loss of life and luster of the wood and, in turn, causes moisture to build up and small deformations can appear over time.
If we want our floors to be like new, I bring you a homemade recipe that you can make at home without investing money in products that promise shine but whose results are never as expected.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
For the cleaning fluid
- 3 liters of distilled water
- 1/2 cup of distilled vinegar
- Essential oil with the flavor you want
- 5 drops of castile soap
- mop (You can find more information about the mop here)
- Flaxseed oil
How are we going to do it?
- It is very important that the floor is VERY clean before we proceed with the mopping. We’ll take care of this with a soft-bristled broom or a vacuum cleaner to make sure no dirt or dust is left behind.
- At the beginning we take a container in which we prepare this formula, which we use repeatedly for the daily maintenance of our floors. In the container we add the distilled water along with the distilled vinegar and 20 to 25 drops of essential oil of the aroma that we want to leave on our bottom (the number of drops depends on the intensity of the aroma desired). .
- We’ll add the Castilian soap, in case we can’t get it we can replace it with a few drops of neutral soap oil and a few olive oil.
- Once the mixture is obtained we will put a part in a container that contains an atomizer, we will take the mop and with the atomizer we will spray it. The product must be applied to the mop, NOT DIRECTLY ON THE FLOOR.
- We clean the entire floor with the mop moistened in our product. While the mop is drying we moisten it, but as long as it is wet, NO.
- As soon as the floor is dry, we take a few drops of linseed oil and put them on a dry cloth. This element gives the wooden floor an excellent shine.
- When we apply it to the area it is very important that we don’t step on it until it is dry (about 1 hour) as it can stain the floor.
- With this recipe, you will clean with organic materials and avoid commercial petroleum-based products that contain harmful toxins for your and your family’s health.
- If you have any doubts about how to do it, here is a video that explains the method step by step by the creator.
Hope you can put this recipe into practice and see the results with your own eyes!