By cleaning the floor, germs are eliminated, odors are minimized and the house is restored to its fresh, clean and inviting appearance. Here we offer you a useful guide on cleaning all types of floors such as vinyl, marble, porcelain and ceramics.
Ceramic, tile, or porcelain floors are the best option for kitchens, bathrooms, and other areas of the home that can get wet from time to time. Plus, if properly cared for, tile floors can look like new for years.
Here we show you the basic care for ceramic floors. These techniques work well for both ceramic and artificial floors.
- Sweep or vacuum the floor every day: This way, we remove loose dust, food crumbs, and other debris that can build up on tile floors. You should also sweep or vacuum the floor before scrubbing or mopping it. One trick to polishing the floor is to wipe it with a dry towel after you’ve done your hair.
- Scrub or mop the floor with warm water and vinegar: Moisten the braid with clean warm water and vinegar, then pass it through and repeat the process until the entire bottom of the braid is so that it shines every day. Simply wipe the floor with a damp white vinegar towel and clean the floor enough to keep it clean.
- Dry the floor: Wipe the floor with a dry cloth or towel when you finish scrubbing or mopping. This prevents new dust from quickly building up and staining the seams.
- Quickly clean drops with disinfectant: If you spill a glass of juice or even water, clean up immediately. The longer it stays there, the more time it has to soak in the joints. Dried orange juice and other sugary liquids also tend to get excruciatingly sticky. If possible, limit the disinfectant to the area where the flashover has occurred. Strong chemicals can degrade or stain tile floors.
- Cleaning mold from tile floors. If mold forms, an ammonia solution should take care of it. Put on a pair of rubber gloves to protect your hands, prepare a 50/50 solution of the water and ammonia, and then scrub the area with a soft brush and the ammonia solution. Make sure the room is well ventilated.