Instagram is a huge social network where people can share photos or short videos with other users. However, sometimes we want to delete a post or publication that has already been mounted. Either because we don’t like it anymore, because we want to change the focus of our account to a single topic for privacy or other reasons, deleting posts on Instagram is easy and here we’ll show you how.
You need to have a smartphone handy that you can use to open the Instagram application. You cannot delete photos from the computer, only the mobile application allows it.
It is also recommended to have a stable internet connection to avoid the possibility of interrupting the process.
Steps to follow
- Open the Instagram application on your mobile device and log into your account.
- Press the icon in the lower right that looks like a small person. This will take you to your profile so that you can view and edit it.
- Below your profile photo and bio are the photos and videos that you have posted on the social network in chronological order, showing the most recent. Tap the post or post that you want to delete.
- Press the options menu, the symbol of which consists of three dots one above the other. In the latest version of the application, this menu is in the top right corner of the photo.
- Press the Delete or Delete option.
- A notification will ask you to confirm that you want to delete the post. Press the Delete or Delete option.
- Repeat this process from step 3 for all posts that you want to delete.
Tips / observations
On Instagram, you cannot delete multiple posts at the same time. The only way to do this is to delete them one at a time, as explained above.
It is advisable to access the Instagram profile a few minutes later to ensure that the post has indeed been deleted.
If you’ve configured Instagram to save a copy of the photos or videos you take with the application to your phone’s memory, the photo will still be in a folder on your device. If you want to delete it from there too, you’ll need to access your photos and do so from your phone.
If you have shared an Instagram picture or video on other social networks, this or this will remain on the other platform. If you want to delete it, you will need to access and do the other networks.