The ceiling or satin ceiling is widely used in offices and commercial spaces, although some families have installed it in their homes as well. Like all elements, they require maintenance and cleaning as they are victims of the dust, mold, and smoke that stain them.
There are companies that offer cleaning services for satin ceilings. Many with optimal quality. However, here we would like to leave a few tips so that you can clean the low ceilings yourself.
What will you need
- Canvas or protective plastic
- A cleaner that contains trisodium phosphate or this powdery component
- Protective mask
Place a protective sheet under the entire area to be cleaned. You can use a tarp or plastic to prevent it from getting dirty with dust released from the ceiling.
Have a ladder ready. Walk up to it and scrub the ceiling with a dry sponge to loosen dust and smoke particles. Make sure it isn’t wet as the water will saturate the ceilings.
If you prefer and have a vacuum cleaner, you can vacuum the ceiling. Be careful not to remove the panels. Wear a mask to avoid breathing in dust particles.
If you find trisodium phosphate, pour half a cup of laundry detergent into a bucket of water, or add a teaspoon to a bucket of clean, warm water. Put on the gloves.
Dip the sponge in this solution. Squeeze it well and rub the area to be cleaned. Be careful not to press too hard to avoid damaging the ceiling. Try to make steady movements. Let the solution dry and repeat the process if the stains persist.
If the ceiling you are trying to clean is in an office and is of a considerable size, you can hire a company to do the job. There are several methods of performing this task in an industrial manner. However, keep the following in mind when requesting your budget:
- Make sure all furniture in the area to be cleaned is covered.
- Review the duration of the cleaning process and find out when it is the best time for you.
- Air conditioning ducts and electrical elements must be cleaned beforehand.
- Fire lamps and sensors must be disassembled or disabled to avoid damage or damage
- Problems and ensure thorough cleaning.
- Ask them to clean the entire room after cleaning the ceiling to make sure they remove any dirt that could be spilled